Monday, June 23, 2008

Guatemala Update 2

Don´t freak out. So there was an earthquake on Thursday night, I (Afton) was in my room digging into the word when I was pushed off my headboard... I lived in San Francisco so I knew immediately what it was... It was small, but you could feel it. It lasted for about 5 second. I jumped out of bed and ran into the "living room" to see if David, Tammi, Cara, Chris, or Maggie felt it... and of course they had no clue... I walked into Annie´s room and she said that she did feel it, but thought it was David running down the hallway. HAHA. I walked back out to tell them about it and I noticed that all the pieces on the light were moving and showed them as proof... Well, we finally finished the roof in Satelite (not Salite). Although we ran into ran a few times during the week, it didn´t hold us back too long. It was great to watch God work though. We prayed for no rain and we literally watch the rain move around the building. It was amazing. On Saturday we attended a youth rally at the school in Limon. We performed our timbrel routine for the first time. It went well for most of us (cough Cara cough)... Cara was also picked up as an extra in one of the skits... she was a robber and she did great. I´m hoping that I will have the chance to upload more pictures this week. To end the rally the school had their drumline perform! It was great. We all really enjoyed it. After the rally we were able to go to the mall and the movies. It was so interesting because we totally forgot that we were in Guatemala. The Cup of Worlds (soccer) was on here in Guatemala last night, they played St. Lucia. Guate won 6-0! There were lots of fireworks last night. This morning we were able to participate in the service by doing a puppet show... with sock puppets..... that we made. So you can imagine how it turned out. It was funny, but it seems that our team always finds everything we do a bit more funny than everyone else does. Haha! We all want to wish our Father´s a Happy Father´s Day. SHOUTOUTS Maggie-The city is beautiful by day and night- the view continues to amaze everyone with every new part of the city we see, surrounded by green mountains and volcanoes. Cara- Wow! I´ll be in Guatemala for 5 more weeks. I love it. I can´t get over how breath taking the views are. The people here are such a blessing. We get home cooked meals everyday. I can´t wait for the many more experiences the summer will have. Oh, by the way parents- don´t have me, but I have a mohawk. I love you all. David- I love you Mom, Dad, and Katie. Annie- It is still overwhelming to me that we are actually here! I am loving my time here in Guatemala- I feel so content here. Everything is so amazing- the views, the people, and the food too! Love and miss everyone! XOXO Tammi- Mommy, I love you so much! I love you! ¡Me estoy divertiendo mucho! God is blessing us so much and we are doing very well! Tell Amber and Flo that I love them! Be Bold Chris- One week down, 5 to go! Guatemala is amazing! The people are extremely nice and I haven´t eaten this well in a long time. By the way, I definitely "mohawked" my hair. It was a smart move on my part. We have made where we´re staying feel like home mostly because we have become a family. Continue praying for us as well as the other team. Afton- Wow, I miss all of you so much, but my time here has already become somthing that will never be able to be replaced. Coming on this trip is one of the best decisions I have ever made and I wish all of you could experience it! The more I see the hard it is for me to believe that with all of this beauty there are still people that don´t believe there is a God. It is our mission to change that though. Our team is marching toward making people aware of the hope that there is one Savior and one Redeemer that loved us so much he was willing to lay down the life of his own son so that we may live with him forever. I miss you all and I love you and I hope that you continue to keep in touch with us and pray for us. Dad, I love you so much and I wish I could be there to show you how much I appreciate everything you have done for me. Happy Father´s Day and know that you´re my hero. I am so thankful for the example you have set for me. I love you sooooo sooooo soooo much! Well, that´s all for now and please continue to pray for us as we head to Mesquital.

No comments: